In this earth-friendly, organic guide, John Walkers fresh approach encourages you to see garden weeds as more than simply unwelcome invaders in your flower borders, kitchen garden, allotment, greenhouse, polytunnel, patio, courtyard, containers, lawn, path or drive. Whatever your gardens size, Weeds will help you identify, make use of and tackle the weeds you find there.
This accessible, illustrated and updated guide, with over 100 full colour photographs includes...
- Information on how different weeds grow, spread and survive, and what they can actually tell you about your garden or allotment
- Tips for using weeds to improve the fertility of your garden, feed your plants and encourage wildlife such as bees and other pollinators
- Practical, hands-on techniques for preventing, clearing and curtailing weeds without using chemical weedkillers (herbicides)
- A photographic directory to help you identify 60 common garden weeds, showing at-a-glance how easy, difficult or urgent dealing with each one is
- Lists of insect-friendly plants for bug banks, and those for weed-smothering ground cover
- Advice on clearing weedy ground without doing any back-breaking digging
Weeds is an essential and timeless go-to reference for every gardeners bookshelf.
Author: John Walker Language: EnglishBinding: PaperbackPages: 142Publisher: Earth-friendly BooksPublication Date: 2016-07-26