March 16, 2020
Dear Discover Books Friends:
The health and safety of all is our main concern at Discover Books. As such, I felt the need to reach out. The world continues to address the quickly changing landscape of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and we are monitoring the situation closely. Discover Books believes our role and responsibility during this unprecedented time is to balance the health and well-being of everyone.
We are closely monitoring the ongoing outbreak according to the guidelines and recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). We want to share with you the actions we are taking to help protect our employees and customers:
- We have advised our employees to follow the public health authorities’ guidance regarding hygiene and personal travel.
- Teams have been tasked with vigorous cleaning efforts, including daily sanitation of all public and working areas.
- We have stocked all of our facilities with masks, disposable gloves, antibacterial soap, disinfecting wipes and sprays, and alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Our HR department is working with our employees to assist with family needs as they arise.
- We are allowing as many employees to work remotely as possible.
- Virtual meetings are replacing in-person meetings whenever possible.
- All non-vital business travel and events are being postponed.
As always, we will continue to get your books to you in a timely matter. Our shipping partners are confident shipping will continue to be timely. We are following the guidance of, the United States Postal Service (USPS). For more information
We appreciate the trust you place in Discover Books. We hope you and your loved ones stay safe. This can be a time of coming together as families and communities. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and take actions to keep our employees and customers safe, while continuing to provide the books you love at the lowest prices possible.
Thanks for your time and support of Discover Books,
Gary Broache, President & CEO