An in-depth analysis of the science behind stress in dogs
In The Stress Factor in Dogs, Dr. Kristina Spaulding explores what science has revealed about stress in dogs and other mammals and demonstrates how to effectively read scientific research in order to apply our acquired knowledge to the dogs in our lives. This thoroughly comprehensive book provides detailed insight on how stress affects the health and well-being of our dogs at all stages of development. By analyzing how stress is connected to problem behaviors, such as aggression and reactivity, Dr. Spaulding is able to offer solutions to dog owners, trainers, veterinarians, and shelter staff who desire to reduce stress and increase resiliency in dogs.
- Defines the stress response and identifies different kinds of stress
- Explains how stress impacts dogs throughout their lives, including during vulnerable stages, such as early development
- Examines which factors lead some animals to respond differently to stress than others
- Lays out techniques and tips for reducing stress and increasing resiliency in dogs
- Highlights recent research on stress in shelter dogs, working dogs (including Therapy Dogs) and performance dogs
- Teaches how to read scientific research and encourages readers to develop their own ideas on applying this information to improve the lives of dogs
What experts are saying about The Stress Factor In Dogs:
Kristina Spaulding has done dog lovers and dogs a huge favor by writing The Stress Factor in Dogs. Chock full of accessible science, it is one of the most important books to come out about dog behavior in a long time. Even if you know a lot about this topic, I guarantee you, you'll learn even more. If you work with dogs or have a dog who doesn't spend his entire life in a Valium-like haze of happiness, get this book. It is a triumph!
Patricia McConnell, PhD, CAAB, author of The Education of Will and The Other End of the Leash
Author: Kristina Spaulding Language: EnglishBinding: PaperbackPages: 202Publisher: Dogwise PublishingPublication Date: 2022-06-08