The More You Do The Better You Feel: How to Overcome Procrastination and Live a Happier Life
David Parker (Author)
This practical book is loaded with proven ideas to help you overcome procrastination and get more done.
-Brian Tracy, Author of the International Bestseller: Eat That Frog! 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
A well put together informative book that brings awareness to disabling and habitual procrastinating behavior patterns. This is the best self-help book I have read in years!
-Kenneth Reddan PhD, LCSW
Are You A Human Ostrich?
Do you stick your head in the sand at the thought of dealing with a task that seems boring, complicated, or unpleasant? Do you pay your bills late because the last time you balanced your checkbook was more than six months ago? While working on a task do you keep thinking you should be dealing with a different task?
- Is your living space messy and your life unorganized?
- Do you clean up only when family or friends will be visiting-only to let your place fall back into untidiness after theyve gone?
- After youve cleaned for visitors, do you tell yourself "it doesnt count!" because you werent doing it for yourself?
- Have you stopped having visitors over because youre ashamed of your mess?
- Do you worry youll feel embarrassed if the landlord, a plumber, or a repairperson needed to visit your place?
- Do you constantly compare yourself to people who seem to "have it together?"
- Does your habitual procrastination leave you feeling depressed and anxious?
- Do you know the 25 characteristics and behaviors of the human ostrich?
- Are you concerned that your child or someone you care deeply about is becoming a habitual procrastinator?
The Solution To Your Habitual Procrastination Is Here!
- Learn the golden rules of overcoming procrastination.
- Stop falling victim to the downward cycle of procrastination and depression.
- Stop feeling overwhelmed and immobilized with fear by learning how to effectively cope with your tasks and responsibilities.
- Become a "do"-er by learning easy to use and highly effective new tool - The J.O.T. Method(TM).
About the Author:
David Parker suffered for years with depression and anxiety. During a particularly low point he recalled a friends advice and started keeping a feelings diary. As time passed, he saw a connection between the tasks that he avoided facing and his poor feelings and low self-esteem. Armed with this insight, David taught himself to face his tasks and the overwhelming feelings they brought by learning to focus on Just One Task, which he incorporated into "The J.O.T. Method(TM)." David Parker has lived in London, San Francisco, and Brooklyn, New York.
This book was previously published as: How Many Procrastinators Does It Take to Change a Light Bulb: Take Control of Your Life and Defeat Immobilizing Depression! Unfortunately, some consumers found that title to be a bit too lighthearted and they questioned whether the book was serious. Its new title, The More You Do The Better You Feel: How to Overcome Procrastination and Live a Happier Life, better reflects its serious nature. To find out more about this book and author, please visit our website at: www.DavidParkerAuthor.com.
Paperback: 248 pages
Publisher: Darwin Bay Publishing (March 4th, 2015)
Product Dimensions: 6 x 9 x 0.5 inches
Shipping Weight: 16 ounces
Author: David Parker Language: EnglishBinding: PaperbackPages: 248Publisher: Darwin Bay PublishingPublication Date: 2015-03-04