If you are a new or experienced yoga teacher of any discipline and find yourself asking what to teach today, The Inspired Yoga Teacher will answer that question. Brimming with themes, ideas, scripts, sequences, philosophy, poetry and quotes, The Inspired Yoga Teacher is a toolbox that will uplift your teaching and breathe new life into your classes. On days when you are busy, the book serves as a shot of inspiration and, during times of exploration, it can be used as a basis for deeper inquiry and planning.
Become an effective yoga teacher
Using the most well-loved themes, the book guides you on how to plan a class that comes directly from your heart.
- Start your class with opening themes and words, set foundations, and explore starting postures.
- Flesh out your class with themed salutations, flows, focussed poses, and different styles of yoga.
- Finish your classes with heartfelt endings, Savasana, and final words.
Theme with ease
- One minute themes
- Giving dharma talks
- Theme with the Elements-Earth, Water, Fire, Space and Ether
- Theme with the Chakras-From Earth to Heaven explore practical and heartfelt yoga philosophy and practices.
- Theme with the Vayus-Delve deeper into your subtle body with an examination of the winds or little pranas that reside within.
- Theme using inspiring Deities-Fall in love with cheeky monkeys, heartfelt warriors and compassionate caretakers.
- Theme with the Yamas and Niyamas-Examine and teach the moral and ethical guidelines that make up part of the code laid down by ancient sages.
Practices and Yoga Sequences
The practices are illustrated in a straightforward and easy to use format and cover various yoga styles.
- Vinyasa Flow
- Hatha yoga
- Chair yoga
- Myofascial Release
- Yin yoga
- Restorative yoga
- Yoga Nidra
This practical and accessible treasure chest is for the professional teacher who wants to explore sharing what it means to love yoga beyond asana and, in doing so, move students to a place where they are inspired to learn more both on and off the mat.
Front cover mala supplied by The Genuine Bead Shop on Etsy.
Author: Gabrielle Harris Language: EnglishBinding: PaperbackPages: 388Publisher: New Zealand ISBN agencyPublication Date: 2021-05-09