Dr. Blake Shusterman is a board certified nephrologist (kidney doctor) and creator of the YouTube cooking show "The Cooking Doc." In this book, he combines his medical knowledge, real-world patient care experience, and his passion for delicious food to create an easy-to-follow 10-step guide for preventing and managing kidney disease and a collection of meticulously tested recipes that are accessible and home cook friendly.
With a combination of concrete health tips, scientific knowledge, inspirational stories, charts, and beautiful recipes and pictures, this book can help you understand the dietary needs for each stage of kidney disease and make you a better cook. From tweaked classics, such as Vegan Bolognese and Macaroni & Cheese, to modern and diverse fare such as Thai Shrimp Salad and Chicken Farro bowls, this book gives you more than 50 flavor packed, low-sodium recipes alongside expert nutritional analysis, pro-tip sidebars, and cooking tips and techniques.
1. Understand Your Kidneys
2. Choose Your Beverages Wisely
3. Uncover Hidden Salt and #ChangeYourBuds
4. Embrace Plant-Based Eating
5. Get Potassium Right
6. Avoid High Protein Pitfalls
7. Discover Alkaline-Rich Foods
8. Identify and Eliminate Sneaky Phosphorus
9. Integrate the DASH, Mediterranean, and Diabetic Diets into your Routine
10. Keep an Open Mind if You Start Dialysis Author: Dr. Blake Shusterman Language: EnglishBinding: PaperbackPages: 280Publisher: Cooking Doc, LLC, ThePublication Date: 2020-10-12