One of the best things about attending a workshop led by a skilled instructor is that youre a better artist by the end of the week. Dont expect anything less from this workshop-in-print. If you want to learn how to capture your subjects in an expressive and colorful style, this book is the next best thing to attending a Ted Goerschner workshop. Get the workshop experience in the comfort of your own studio, at whatever pace that is right for you!
- Day 1: Ted shares his secrets to obtaining fresh, bright color
- Day 2: Find out how to build a perfect scene
- Day 3: Ted shows you how to choose and focus on a subject while painting in nature
- Day 4: Discover a simple five-step approach that works for every painting
- Day 5: As every artist has difficult days, learn how open-minded perseverance can lead to a successful painting
- Day 6: Ted demonstrates how to add life to your landscapes and put people in your paintings
- Day 7: Ted shows how to incorporate design techniques to make your art more exciting
Ted also performs a dozen of his famous paint-on demos, in which he actually paints on top of a students work to correct problems that virtually every student struggles with. By the end of the workshop, youll be loosened up and creating paintings filled with light, color, and great juicy brushstrokes. So what are you waiting for? You dont want to be late for your first day!
Ted Goerschner (1933-2013) was inspired by his grandfathers success as a sculptor and painter and knew by the age of six that he wanted to be an artist. Goerschner attended the Newark School of Fine and Industrial Art, and after serving two years in the Korean War, he studied painting at the Art Students League in New York City. His career finally took off when Charles Movalli wrote an article on him in American Artist in 1977. As an award-winning painter, he has been featured in a number of art periodicals and exhibited at the Art Students League in New York, National Academy of Design in New York, Salamagundi Club in New York, and Rockport Art Association.
Lewis Barret Lehrman has been a working artist and writer, in one form or other, for all his working life. He is the author of a number of books on art, including Being an Artist, Energize Your Paintings With Color, Freshen Your Paintings with New Ideas, Capturing Light in Watercolor, and Harley Browns Eternal Truths For Every Artist. A New York native, Lehrman currently resides in Scottsdale, Arizona with his wife Lola. For more information on this artist, visit his website: www.lewisblehrman.com.
Author: Ted Goerschner, Lewis Barrett Lehrman Language: EnglishBinding: PaperbackPages: 146Publisher: Echo Point Books & MediaPublication Date: 2014-12-05