Add SUSPENSE to any story!! Craft a compelling novel with ease - from start to finish!
The word suspense is often reserved for the thriller genre, but its power can be seen in all types of fiction - from legal and political fare to crime and noir. In fact, the excitement and exhilaration that suspense brings is an essential tool for every writer's arsenal - and a surefire way to help your work stand out from the crowd! With this book, you will master the art of...
- Crafting plot twists and plot reveals
- Developing unreliable narrators
- Learning the difference between suspense and tension
- Creating red herrings, MacGuffins, and other elements of misdirection
- Recognizing the difference between antiheroes and villains (and how to develop them)
- Writing action and chase scenes
- Understanding the do's and don'ts of prologues
- Raising the stakes through compelling dialogue
- Building solid pacing to create a powerful plot
We will also cover some of the coveted suspense techniques made famous by Alfred Hitchcock, Patricia Highsmith, Agatha Christie, and Arthur Conan Doyle.
SPECIAL BONUS: An extensive GLOSSARY OF LITERARY TERMS as well as classic and contemporary examples of suspense at its best. Plus, every chapter ends with a checklist, grow tip, start-up exercise, or frequently asked question that will help you complete your suspense story in half the time.
So whether you're drafting your first novel or polishing your twentieth, Mastering the Art of Suspense: How to Write Legal Thrillers, Medical Mysteries, & Crime Fiction is a must-have for your keeper shelf.
From the author of How to Craft a Killer Cozy Mystery and Poetic Justice.
Author: Andrea J. Johnson Language: EnglishBinding: PaperbackPages: 296Publisher: Andrea JohnsonPublication Date: 2022-08-29