From the Quran to Ramadan, this friendly guide introduces you to the origins, practices and beliefs of Islam
Many non-Muslims have no idea that Muslims worship the same God as Christians and Jews, and that Islam preaches compassion, charity, humility, and the brotherhood of man. And the similarities dont end there. According to Islamic teaching, Muhammad founded Islam in 610 CE after the angel Gabriel appeared to him at Mecca and told him that God had entered him among the ranks of such great biblical prophets as Abraham, Moses, and Christ.
Whether you live or work alongside Muslims and want to relate to them better, or you simply want to gain a better understanding of the worlds second largest religion, Islam For Dummies can help you make sense of this religion and its appeal, including:
- Muhammad, the man and the legend
- The Five Pillars of Wisdom
- The Five Essentials beliefs of Islam
- The different branches of Islam and Islamic sects
- The Quran and Islamic law
- Islam throughout history and its impact around the world
Professor Malcolm Clark explores the roots of Islam, how it has developed over the centuries, and its long and complex relationship with Christianity. He helps puts Islam in perspective as a major cultural and geopolitical force. And he provided helpful insights into, among other things:
- Muhammad, the Quran and the ethical teachings of Islam
- Muslim worship, customs, and rituals surrounding birth, marriage, and death
- Shiites, Sunnis, Sufis, Druze, and other important Muslim groups
- Islam in relation to Judaism and Christianity
In these troubled times, it is important that we try to understand the belief systems of others, for through understanding comes peace. Islam For Dummies helps you build bridges of understanding between you and your neighbors in the global village.
P.S. If you think this book seems familiar, youre probably right. The Dummies team updated the cover and design to give the book a fresh feel, but the content is the same as the previous release of Islam For Dummies (9780764555039). The book you see here shouldnt be considered a new or updated product. But if youre in the mood to learn something new, check out some of our other books. Were always writing about new topics! .
Author: Malcolm Clark Language: EnglishBinding: PaperbackPages: 400Publisher: For DummiesPublication Date: 2019-09-11