#1 Amazon Bestseller in the Office Management, Nonprofit Management & Leadership, and Small Business Franchise categories
"So many managers fail at delegation, a core essential for handling complexity in every organization. This quick read is a must for new managers -- and also for senior managers who are seeking a framework to help newer managers avoid the common mistakes."
- Dave Stachowiak, Host of the Coaching for Leaders podcast
Do you feel stressed and overwhelmed with tasks that you cant keep up with? Are you struggling with the delegation of work to your employees?
Effective Delegation of Authority is a brief guide for new managers that will help you improve your delegation skills in simple steps.
If youre a manager or entrepreneur who leads three or more employees, then this book is for you.
Its a super-short book thatll help you avoid the common mistakes that new managers make when delegating tasks.
It includes a comprehensive step-by-step process that tells you exactly what to do before delegation, during delegation, and after delegation.
Youll also get immediately applicable tactics that you can implement straightway with your subordinates.
Heres a partial list of whats covered:
- How to determine what to delegate to your employees before starting the delegation process
- The method you should follow to decide who to delegate work to on your team
- The five traits that every task should have before you delegate it.
- How to describe authority levels the right way before you delegate work
- How to avoid micromanaging your employees
- How to check in with your subordinates and give them meaningful feedback.
- How to avoid being too prescriptive, while still giving your employees a good description of what they need to accomplish
- The most important thing you should do after you delegate a task to verify understanding
- Some examples of delegation to help you understand the concepts better
- A downloadable sample delegation template and one-page cheat sheet that you can use as quick reference guides
The book is divided into three sections that will serve as your new manager checklist:
Section I: Before Delegation
- Step One Determine What to Delegate
- Step Two Determine Who to Delegate to
Section II: During Delegation
- Step One Explain the Task Clearly
- Step Two Describe Goals, Not Actions
- Step Three Give Clear Timelines
- Step Four Describe Authority Levels
- Step Five Put it in Writing
Section III: After Delegation
- Step One Check In
- Step Two Give Meaningful Feedback
As a free bonus for purchasing this book, youll get a one-page cheat sheet (a PDF file) that summarizes all the tips in the book on one single page. Youll also get a sample delegation template (MS Word format) that you can copy and paste and modify for your own team.
Would you like to learn more?
Download Effective Delegation of Authority now to get started.
Scroll to the top and click on the "buy button."
Author: Hassan Osman Language: EnglishBinding: PaperbackPages: 46Publisher: Independently publishedPublication Date: 2019-05-07