On November 18th, 1978, over 900 people including a U.S. congressman Leo Ryan died because of Cult Leader Jim Jones at Jonestown, Guyana. Over 300 were children forced to drink cyanide laced Kool-Aid by their parents who believed they were doing Gods will. The techniques of undue influence have evolved dramatically, and continue to do so. Today, a vast array of methods exist to deceive, manipulate, and indoctrinate people into closed systems of obedience and dependency. If you are reading this updated book for the first time, please know that you have found a safe, respectful, compassionate place. This book can help you protect or regain your sanity, freedom, and health. It can also help you protect others from the use of mind control techniques. In this 30th anniversary volume you will find:
- New stories of people who fell under the sway of cults and other forms of undue influence but who were able to break free.
- New information on the many sophisticated ways that social media are now used for mind control.
- Updates on the many types of organizations that use mind control.
- Information on the neuroscience behind mind control.
- A look at what legislators, courts, mental health professionals, and ordinary citizens can do to resist mind control and make our world a safer place.
Sadly, the essential information in this book is still not widely known or understood. People around the world remain largely unprepared for the new realities of mind control. But you are far from helpless. There is a great deal you can do to stay safe, sane, and whole - and to help the people you care about to do the same. And if someone you love is already part of a mind control group, there is much you can do to help them break free and rebuild their life. This book will give you the tools you need. As you read this book, you will learn to develop, use, and trust your critical thinking skills; your intuition; your bodily and emotional awareness; your ability to ask the right questions; and your skill at doing quick, useful research. You will also learn to create a healthy balance of openness and skepticism. As you will see, the entire process begins and ends with discernment.
Author: Steven Hassan Language: EnglishBinding: PaperbackPages: 392Publisher: Freedom of Mind PressPublication Date: 2015-03-28