Heres the thing--coaching a volleyball team is pretty straightforward. ONCE YOU KNOW WHAT YOURE DOING.
If youve got to muddle through your first season, trying tactics you read about online and switching up your coaching style halfway through the season, Ill tell you right now... youre not going to enjoy it as much as you could have.
If youve signed up to coach, its likely that youve researched drills, serve receive formations, and rules. But Ive got to tell you something...
Its not the drills that you run which will make or break your season! Its how you manage your team.
This is NOT a volleyball drill book. There are tons of volleyball drills online (most are for free) that you can refer to throughout your season as youre planning practice.
This book is about running a team in a way that seems like you know what youre doing (even if you have no idea).
Inside youll learn:
- What your coaching philosophy is.
- The main roles and responsibilities for both head coaches and assistant coaches.
- How to run tryouts (including skills to test for and how to let players know they made the team).
- The practice design template I use for 85% of my season.
- How to keep stats and then USE the data to improve performance.
- How to plan for an end-of-season party.
- Getting ready for year two (because after a successful first season, youll be hooked)!
Throughout the book I also share personal stories to help you understand what you might encounter... whether thats players bonding over their favorite color, or how to recognize burnout before it turns your athletes away from the game.
I wrote this book because it was the information I wanted when I was getting started, but couldnt find anywhere! Ive coached all over the United States and can tell you that while playing styles differ, rules change, techniques and tactics evolve... being a prepared coach is one thing which will NEVER go out of style!
Author: Whitney Bartiuk Language: EnglishBinding: PaperbackPages: 180Publisher: Independently publishedPublication Date: 2016-08-01